UniQue Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
UniQue Guild

UniQue Guild @ Jaedenar

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Attendance before max DKP?

Go down 
+6
Urion
Zulum
Nusu
Neverlight
Rupetot
Ashtarte85
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Ashtarte85

Ashtarte85

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2006-11-16

Attendance before max DKP? Empty
PostSubject: Attendance before max DKP?   Attendance before max DKP? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2006 5:59 pm

I was thinking, attendance should be valued more than max dkp.
This is by my opinion one of the ways guild can further improve it's PvE progress and see what players are loyal to guild, or something like that.
Max dkp, as way to value players participation in raids is, ok, but it's too variable to be considered primary.
Ppl that know they will be away for some time should anounce it and their attendance should pause if possible.
Or maybe we should only value attendance for last 30 days.
I dont really have final idea of how should that kind of system work exactely, I hope I will soon, but just think about it and we can discuss it some time.
Some will find it in best interest for the guild, some will not, but don't judge this idea very moment you read this post, first think of it a bit, and then say what you think it can benefit or harm guild! Smile
Back to top Go down
Rupetot

Rupetot

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2006-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Attendance before max DKP?   Attendance before max DKP? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2006 7:34 pm

I know it will do good to the guild. What he means in easier words is that people who come to most raids have priority over ppl who come to some raids. In other words if I come for raids daily that means 7 days a week while another dude comes only sunday and saturday although I have minus DKP I take items before him because I help the guild more. Hope officers will agree on this and will help implementing this. And yes Ashtarte this will help out. ALOT. That will make slackers think twice and that will be a good test for trials in the guild. For instance... no items for a trial until he hits 50% attendance for that month... or in other words he has no priority over a member. Please read what Ashtarte and I said and reply ASAP
Back to top Go down
Neverlight

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2006-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Attendance before max DKP?   Attendance before max DKP? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2006 7:52 pm

I think prioring on people that have more attendance is a great idea. Though, I'm one of the guys that 'only comes saturday and sunday' .
This is just cause I'm not able to attend more raids, due school mostly. I think people that come more often should also have better gear cause they attend more and it'll have more effect.

BUT what if I attended far more raids then someone else IN TOTAL, but he attends more raids in the short term so he gets prior over me. That's a bit unfair cause I've been raiding more in total than the other person?

Opinions ?
Back to top Go down
Nusu

Nusu

Number of posts : 5

PostSubject: Re: Attendance before max DKP?   Attendance before max DKP? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2006 7:57 pm

very good idea. U get items on how much u help the guild . if i understood right if someone trial(i mean they got less than 50% attendance that month) will want an item.. he will get if non of the 50% + will want it and imo this is a great ideea who help guild gets items who not go av more lol!
Back to top Go down
Nusu

Nusu

Number of posts : 5

PostSubject: Re: Attendance before max DKP?   Attendance before max DKP? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2006 8:11 pm

Reply for Neverlight

m8 in my opinion better we take the last month attendace because we will see who diserve the items. u made great attendance in past.. but why do u take the imba items when u come "now" for 1 -2 days a week.. and not that player that just entered 3weeks ago to take it because he came 6-7 days a week.. and he will come more further in future.. and we can count on him like.. every day? if we give ppl that made attendance but not come anymore.. with who we play? green items players? think about that pls
Back to top Go down
Zulum
Admin

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2006-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Attendance before max DKP?   Attendance before max DKP? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 29, 2006 2:48 am

well good idea tbh but we need to think how to implement such a system.
Maybe minus 1 dkp for eached missed raid?
Back to top Go down
Neverlight

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2006-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Attendance before max DKP?   Attendance before max DKP? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 29, 2006 11:39 am

Actually, isn't dkp based on attendance already?
I mean.. more attendance=more dkp=more items?
Back to top Go down
Urion

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2006-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Attendance before max DKP?   Attendance before max DKP? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2006 11:19 am

why all 20 men and 40 men raids have same dkp sheet?i mean if u go to zg or aq20 uve got dkp in the same pool.it may be unfair in the future i think.lets say we went to 20 20-men raids.10 of them zg and 10 of them aq.and lets say weve got 2 members.they have joined same amount of 20-men raids.but one of them joined for zg more the other for aq.so how do u think u can seperate these 2 members?cause i think type of instance u joined more, u should have priority of loots.if i went to zg more than another person i wanna have priority over him.but if he went to aq more but not zg he can take zg loots with dkp.
finally i think dkp system should be changed to instance-based system.guilds that ive been in before were making it like that.they have mc dkp,zg dkp,aq40 dkp so on...
Back to top Go down
murlutcan
Admin
murlutcan

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2006-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Attendance before max DKP?   Attendance before max DKP? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2006 1:04 pm

Guys; hold your horses.

- We will not have seperate dkp for different instances.

- If a person has more dkp - he/she has priority on set items. So far, there is a lot of flexibility in this rule to address the items to the players who need it more. Check Piratha's dkp and might set drops as an example.

- MT and MH has priorities. This rule has also worked fine until our MT decided to leave the guild for a better one and later decided not to. Now officers are more selective on MT or MH to be sure not to have the same problem again. But our guild players showed great support to this rule so far and i believe it will continue this way.

- If someone has more DKP that means he has attended more - he/she has priority on a set item. We do not have raids anymore where 0 DKP is issued, seperation of 20man and 40man instance dkps also served to it's purpose.

- If people choose to spend their dkps on weapons, rings, etc. they have to feel ok when a set item is issued to someone else. Eventually, everyone will get their share and since MC is in farm status we will start sharding items in few weeks - nobody will want them.
Back to top Go down
NinuDaGnome

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2006-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Attendance before max DKP?   Attendance before max DKP? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2006 2:13 pm

murlutcan wrote:
Guys; hold your horses.

- We will not have seperate dkp for different instances.

Isnt this exactly what we have now?. DKP in 20 man instance and DKP in 40 man?...
Back to top Go down
murlutcan
Admin
murlutcan

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2006-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Attendance before max DKP?   Attendance before max DKP? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2006 2:26 pm

No; what I have meant is no seperate dkp for AQ20 and ZG.
Back to top Go down
Rupetot

Rupetot

Number of posts : 21

PostSubject: Re: Attendance before max DKP?   Attendance before max DKP? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2006 3:28 am

Ok ok this topic is beggining to go away from what Ashtarte and I wanted to mean. Please re-read the post we both made and come with ideas. In short it means that the person that raided most that month is rewarded towards the end of the month but if he stops being active the ones that are catching up with him will get priority. Pretty fair imo. Please reply with relevant thoughts not it`s fair or unfair k? It`s unfair for casual raiders cuz they get less attendance. But isn`t it unfair for ppl that raid more to have a casual player getting items before them? Think that you are not always in center and there is another person that has exactly different needs. So we try to accomodate all.
Back to top Go down
Buffybad

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2006-10-31

PostSubject: Re: Attendance before max DKP?   Attendance before max DKP? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2006 4:07 am

well ive posted that in other topic but here is more apropriate site since its about attendance system rupe and ash r talking about:

looks good on paper - can be tricky in practice (rupe u will have to work on promotion/demotion Cool ).

but on the other hand, core members will get what they need quite fast(and will still raid to help guild), and then items will be avaible for more casual raiders - but rules must be written in a sticky so all can read it and understand it b4 we r on bidding situation.

it wont work for 20man runs since theres limited space and confirmation(in raid planner) need rotation there - so even if someone want to go he cant couse spots r filled for that class for example.

for 40man on the other hand it will work nicely since all that actually SIGN UP and SHOW UP in time - get invites.
Back to top Go down
Netany2

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2006-10-16

PostSubject: Re: Attendance before max DKP?   Attendance before max DKP? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 11, 2006 6:28 pm

feel free to introduce whatever dkp policy you want, just try to filtrate the following categories of ppl:

1. noobs (ppl who don't know how to play and most important - DO NOT WANT to LEARN!)

2. slackers (ppl who join raids aiming to get some PURPALZ, unprepared and don't do their best for the progress... waiting some1 else to do the whole job for them)

3. item hunters ( I simply can't stand these idiots).

4. whiners (spamming chat with "OMG wipe!", "can we start already??", "FFS", "can i receive a summon plz"

5. pure fu**tards (bad attitude to the rest of the guildies and so on..)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Attendance before max DKP?   Attendance before max DKP? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Attendance before max DKP?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
UniQue Guild :: Unique Guild :: Guild DKP System & Item Values-
Jump to: